Thursday, September 23, 2010

Toastmaster Meeting – Say Sorry


It was another interesting biWeekly meeting.
The Table Topic Master, Devan had prepared a very long list of topics to choose from. Wow!!!

1. “It takes a strong person to say I am sorry and an ever stronger person to forgive” What do you think?
2. When you say “I am sorry”, do you think it will wipe away the tears, pain and sadness caused by you?
3. When do you say “I am sorry”?
4. Saying “I am sorry” doesn’t mean that you are wrong and the other person is right. So what does it mean to you?
5. When someone hurts you and didn’t apologize for his/her actions, do you hold a grudge against him/her or …..?
6. Do you say “I am sorry” because, logically it is the right action or because emotionally it is the right action…
7. What was the most difficult “I am sorry” that you had said?
8. How long does take you to forgive someone and why?
9. Regardless of who is right or wrong, men should always say “I am sorry” 1st. Do you agree, if yes or no, why?
10. Is right to punish if the “I am sorry” is sincere and regretful? Either right or wrong why?
11. From the list below, who is one that you will give a tough time when they say “I am sorry” and why?
>> Normal friends, boy/girl friend, siblings, strangers, parents, co workers and relatives
12. From the list below, who is one that you feel would be difficult to say “I am sorry” to and why?
>> Normal friends, boy/girl friend, siblings, strangers, parents, co workers and relatives
13. Your most ridiculous or funniest “I am sorry” you have ever heard?
14. “I am sorry”, sign of a new beginning after an aging ongoing conflict. Your opinion
15. “I am sorry” gifts, is it effective and meaningful? If yes or no state why.
16. Would you say “I am sorry” even though you are innocent just because of friendship?
17. "Saying I am sorry is a sign of weakness..."

Can you elaborate any one of the topics given within 2 minutes?

No comments: